ALPHA Facilities Solutions is seeking a Business Development Manager–Federal Market to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will develop, diversify, and execute strategies for expanding our federal client portfolio. You will spearhead research, opportunity qualification, capture planning, and proposal development–for the win. As a member of the business development team, you will contribute to overall growth strategies, planning, and budgeting; relationship management with key clients; and targeted marketing and communications.
The Business Development Manager–Federal Market also holds the responsibility for the preparation of project pipeline, tracking reports within CRM tools and using Deltek’s GovWin to identify and track federal opportunities.
- Research, identify, and qualify business targets of opportunity across the federal spectrum.
- Research, identify, and support pursuits for Federal Contract Vehicles e.g., GSA OASIS Plus and purchasing cooperative contract vehicles.
- Lead critical proposal opportunities, from capture to providing “plan-to-win” strategy and tactical solutions to drive the development of compliant and compelling proposals: strategize, write, polish, and submit.
- Contribute to knowledge management and record of business development activity, including active use of CRM tools.
- Prepare development of audience-tailored collateral marketing materials that directly support business development needs, including statements of qualification/capability and partner/client-based briefing documents.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, government, political science, or communications with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Demonstrable ability to win new business, develop relationships and partnerships, and follow through to seal the deal.
- Understanding of the business development cycle, from capture planning to proposal development to after-action review for continuous improvement and adaptation.
- Extraordinary communication, writing, researching, and speaking skills. You know how to find answers and communicate simply and convincingly.
- Research and reporting skills–you know how to give the “bottom line up front” and connect your learning to what decision-makers need to know.
- Technological savvy: you are a natural using the internet and software to maximize efficiencies.
- A strategic and detail-oriented skill set. You can work independently and focus on details yet fully embrace and articulate the big vision and organizational strategy. You can prioritize opportunities and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand the “business development” aspect of organizational development and operations in a high-intensity environment with fast turnarounds and looming deadlines.
- Work effectively remotely and in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines.
- Communicate clearly, persuasively, and passionately, in both written and verbal forms, with excellent interpersonal skills.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You are thoroughly committed to ALPHA’s mission and have curiosity, a strong work ethic, and a desire to grow and learn as a development professional.
- You are an exceptionally driven individual with leadership capabilities, communication and marketing skills, and an interest in asset management services supporting the federal market.
You would describe yourself as:
- Fluent in English (additional languages desirable).
- Experienced working with GovWin
- Action-oriented and adaptable, with an innovative approach to project planning.
- Forward-thinking, able to anticipate needs, and proactive.
- Curious, optimistic, tenacious, and willing to find and implement sustainable solutions.
- Passionate, idealistic, mission-driven, and self-directed, with a high level of integrity and a positive, can-do attitude.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: San Antonio, Texas