As a business development associate, you will perform a variety proposal and presentation writing, organization, editing, layout, production, and delivery—from concept to completion projects. Responsibilities include proposal and report production and assembly including editing and formatting company resumes, developing project summaries and general proposal content; RFP/RFQ/Solicitation opportunity tracking at federal, state, county and local level; develop and maintain library of firm marketing materials.
In this role, you’ll also support the growth of the business by providing technical sales support for customers clients and the regional sales force. You will collaborate with the sales team to produce technical, architectural, and engineering deliverables that lead to new opportunities and profitable sales. If you enjoy challenging projects, using new technologies to reach strategic business goals, and leveraging your entrepreneurial spirit, then this is the role for you!
- Coordinate multiple proposal submissions for different disciplines
- Provide input and direction to messaging and creative approach
- Responsible for managing the consistency of technical content and its use across service offerings including marketing, and customer relations initiatives.
- Write or revise supporting content for professional services
- Incorporate animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs to increase users’ understanding of the material
- Select appropriate medium, such as manuals or videos, for message or audience
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Collect user feedback to update and improve content
- Study project reports and deliverables, work with technical staff and make work products easier to use and understand.
- Develop custom content for each proposal submission
- Develop custom content for marketing materials
- Generate reports and updating tracking database
- Support the preparation of interview or presentation material
- Support a culture of sharing best practices
- Translate technical statements into compelling, well-written language
- Research clients, industries to accelerate understanding of context
- Work directly with the firm’s Principals, Associates and Project Leaders
- Word processing/formatting/document management
- Assume a lead role in preparation of responses to RFQs and RFPs in association with the assigned Project Executive and input from various team members.
- Proposal tracking and follow-up.
- Writing, development, and ongoing maintenance of qualifications materials.
- Maintaining management of employee resumes and project descriptions.
- Maintaining brand integrity and quality control.
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy file management.
- Coordination with other members of the marketing team to complete additional marketing tasks.
- Prepare standard and customized qualifications for new business opportunities.
- Prepare interview materials: boards, handouts, team cards, PowerPoint and other presentation materials.
- Review and update standards as new project sheets are written, photos taken.
- Assist Project Teams in preparation of deliverables to ensure consistency of corporate image.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or a related field and 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
The multi-tasking aspects of this position cannot be overemphasized. This position requires a high-energy individual with a can-do attitude who is detail-oriented and has the:
- Ability to work well with others, showing flexibility and good listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with competing schedule demands.
- Ability to switch gears frequently and smoothly.
- Ability to manage time and organize large volumes of data
- Ability to take initiative and to be persistent
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when deadlines require
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills, superior attention to detail
- Must possess high level editorial/grammatical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Familiar with tracking business development leads
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) a plus
- Experience working with federal and non-federal proposals.
- Layout design and graphic abilities including strong experience with Adobe InDesign.
- A passion and dedication to winning
- Great communication skills that can influence decisions and deal with challenges
- Great people skills
- Thrive in a deadline-oriented setting with multiple demands on their time in a team environment.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of corporate policies.
Job Type: Full-time