Full-time position located in San Antonio, TX. This position requires application of built environment asset and energy management practices to existing infrastructure. Independently locating, evaluation and reporting the current condition and energy performance of major Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) facility and infrastructure assets including both system and individual component levels, as well as using life cycle modeling in providing recommendations for remaining service life. This position will also be involved in the definition and review of life cycle design, standard and non-standard energy assessments.
- Coordinate and conduct inventory of building and infrastructure components and identify deficient conditions for variety of building and infrastructure types.
- Use professional knowledge and judgment to recommend corrective actions for associated deficient conditions in sufficient detail to support cost estimates.
- Provide written narrative descriptions about the general condition of systems, subsystems and components.
- Apply independent judgment to exercise quality control for field surveys, data input and report output.
- Communicate with management team on schedule and project status; must be able to independently schedule and lead regular communications with management team.
- Coordinate and prepare assessment/audit findings reports.
- Generate reports for standard and non-standard energy assessments
- Review live Building Automation Systems (BAS) for performance information and extract data relevant for energy assessments
- Perform review of cost estimates created by costing software and current cost database. Provide modifications to cost database as required and affected by collected real-world cost data/information.
- Remain current in MEP building trades (including technological and systems innovations), including current standards and terminology.
- Apply combined engineering design, energy and Facility Asset Management (FAM) life cycle management principles to define parameters for ongoing life cycle asset performance technology and services development.
- Extensive travel is required (> xx%).
- Prepare training material and conduct training sessions for other team members regarding building mechanical systems (HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection).
- Assist other team members as required with identification, classification, and assessment of building MEP systems and their components.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word VBA desirable
- Some knowledge of Building Automation Systems (BAS) desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in architectural engineering or Mechanical Engineering REQUIRED.
- PE license PREFERRED,
- ASHRAE (BEAP, BEMP or BCxP) or AEE (CEM, CEA, EEP, CEP, BESA or CBCP) certifications desirable
- 5+ years of relevant building construction industry work experience (Building mechanical systems design, mechanical contractor project manager / superintendent / design-build engineer, general contractor MEP coordinator)
JOB TYPE: Full-time
All employees are required to be vaccinated unless they have valid doctor confirmed reason for not receiving the vaccine. Masks are to be worn on client site at all times.