This position requires independently locating, evaluation and reporting the current conditions of major mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) facility and infrastructure asset systems and their individual components, as well as providing recommendations for remaining service life. This position will also include life cycle basis design and constructability definition and reviews.
- Coordinate and conduct inventory of building and infrastructure components and identify deficient conditions for variety of building and infrastructure types.
- Use professional knowledge and judgment to recommend corrective actions for associated deficient conditions in sufficient detail to support cost estimates.
- Provide written narrative descriptions about the general condition of systems, subsystems and components.
- Apply independent judgment to assess quality control for field surveys, data input and report output.
- Communicate with management team on schedule and project status; must be able to independently schedule and lead regular communications with management team.
- Coordinate and prepare assessment findings report.
- Apply the UNIFORMAT II Classification standards in data reporting.
- Remain current in MEP building trades, including current standards and terminology.
- Apply experience and specialized knowledge to review and interpret drawings.
- Apply combined engineering design and facility asset management lifecycle management principles to define parameters for, and conduct of MEP assets design and constructability reviews.
- Extensive travel is required
- Assist other team members as required.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 5-7 years of relevant work experience. Advanced technical and/or business degrees a plus.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 0-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Technical / Trade School and/or Associates degree in related fields.
- Requires proficiency in the application of engineering and architectural design standards, practices, and techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Requires a working understanding of commercial construction codes and their application to existing facilities and infrastructure.
- Requires a working understanding of BUILDER Engineered Management System assessment processes and data entry and reporting.
- Understanding of UNIFORMAT II Classifications for building specifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of BIM technologies
- Project definition, planning and management experience a definite plus
Able to stand and walk for long periods (8 to 10 hours/day). Individual must be able to safely and efficiently climb and descend ladders. This position requires both upper and lower body strength and mobility, normal joint and limb function, normal cardiovascular and respiratory function, and comfortable with heights.
All employees are required to be vaccinated unless they have valid doctor confirmed reason for not receiving the vaccine. Masks are to be worn on client site at all times.